Ugh.. bogged down by a job search…I’ve been meaning to put this in. It’s really quite good, and it’s based off a recipe found in the March 2004 issue of Bon AppÃ©tit.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon muscovado or dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup chilled crÃ¨me fraÃ®che
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/3 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely crumbled shortbread cookies
- 6 shortbread cookies (for garnish)
Combine cream, 2 Tablespoons sugar and muscavado sugar in heavy medium saucepan. Add vanilla and simmer until reduced to 1 1/3 cups, stirring often (about 15 minutes). Pour liquid into bowl; chill until cold, at least 3 hours and up to 1 day.
Using electric mixer, beat crÃ¨me fraÃ®che and 1/4 cup sugar in medium bowl until thickened and fluffy…set aside.
Whisk chilled vanilla cream until smooth. Divide vanilla cream among six parfait glasses (wine glasses work quite nicely); top each with 5 banana slices. Sprinkle 1/4 cup crumbled cookies over each. Divide whipped crÃ¨me fraÃ®che among glasses. Top with remaining banana slices. (Can be prepared 45 minutes ahead. Cover and chill.) Place 1 whole cookie in each glass to garnish and serve.