For reference only. Because if you’re really interested in the deep, dark trivialities surrounding pistachios, then you need to get out more.
- - 1 lb of pistachios in their shell is equivalent to 2 cups of unshelled pistachios.
- - 1 lb of shelled pistachios is equivalent to 3 1/2 to 4 cups of nuts.
- - Pistachios in their shelled that are unopened are immature and ‘unripe’. Use at your own risk.
- - Pistachios stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator have a shelf life of one year; in the freezer, they have a shelf life of two years.
- - To restore pistachios that have lost their crispness toast the nutmeats at 200Â° F for 10 to 15 minutes
How to blanch pistachios: Drop shelled nuts into boiling water, remove from heat and let them soak for about one minute. Drain and rub the pistachios with a clean kitchen towel. To dry, spread on a large baking sheet in an oven preheated to 300 degrees F. for 10 to 15 minutes
How to toast pistachios: Spread the shelled nuts in one layer on a baking sheet. Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees F. for four to five minutes watching carefully that they do not burn. Remove and let cool, then rub off the skins.
Okay… did I miss anything?