I cannot believe that I am leaving this continent in a mere 84 hours, flying over the frozen tundra that is Canada and Greenland, and landing smack dab in the outskirts of London. I’ve been trying not to think about this too much and mostly failing. I’m becoming more excited (and in turn, more intolerable) as the days get closer to the 19th.
So, here’s what I have lined up, food-wise. Let me know if there is anything missing that you feel that I must visit.
- Harrods – Classic Department store with exquisite food halls.
- Algerian Coffee Stores – Coffee shop of the older ilk.
- Fortnum and Mason – Another department store with food shops.
- Borough Market – World renown food market. There’s a whole list of places here that I want/need to visit.
- Fratelli Camisa – A Deli.
- Charbonnel et Walker – High end Chocolate.
- L’Artisan du Chocolat – Another high end chocolate place.
- The Tea House – Ummm…tea, I think.
- Cybercandy – Candy from all over the world.
- Milroy’s Whisky – Whiskey. Note the Scottish spelling in their store title.
- Vinopolis – Wine shop/museum
- Books for Cooks – In nearby Notting Hill
- 104 Parklane – For Christmas Dinner.
- Patisserie Valerie – Pastries in Soho.
- The Anchor at Bankside – Touristy English Pub.
- Stanleys – Sausages and Beer.
- St John - Mr. Henderson’s place that I MUST visit.
- Reubens – Kosher restaurant. I dig these places, and want to see how it compares to similarly menued New York places that I have visited.
- O’Conor Don – Irish Pub.
- Bar Italia – 24 hour Italian place.
- Incognico – French Cuisine.
- Rasa Samudra – For Curries.
- Rock and Sole Plaice – For Fish and Chips
- Rules – One of the older restaurants in London, traditional British cuisine.
- The Flask – One of the older pubs in London.
- Top Floor at Smiths Smiths of Smithfield – British cafeteria type place that serves meat from the near by meat market
- Villandry Foodstore – A simple French lunch place. Attached to a food store, which is the real reason I want to go.
Note that I am will be doing things not related to food as well, but I want to leave those as a surprise if I mention them here in the coming weeks.
If there’s a place I’m missing, or if one of the places listed above brings back a bad memory, feel free to let me know in the comments.