In my quest to find something to do with almond oil, I found this recipe. It’s… okay. But much better with Whipped cream and bananas to garnish.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups enriched soy milk, vanilla
- 3 tablespoons almond oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cider or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, roasted
Whisk together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together soy milk, 3 tablespoons oil, eggs, almond extract and vinegar.
Add wet ingredients to dry ones and whisk just until mixed. Fold in almonds.
Use some oil to lightly grease a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Ladle 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Brown each cake on both sides, flipping once, and using more oil as necessary.