This is where I show some of my snobbery. There’s a canned product in the ingredient list. Because of this, I have this crazy idea that this isn’t a real recipe.
This is only one of the many neuroses that I am burdened with.
This recipe is based off of one called Pumpkin nog. But in reviewing the ingredients, it’s clear that it’s a milkshake, and not a nog. For those adults in the audience, add 1 cup of spiced rum to the mixture. Rum helps me get over the whole “There’s a canned product in my recipe”
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 cup whipped cream (optional)
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg(optional)
Place the pumpkin, ice cream, milk and cinnamon, nutmeg and mace into a blender. Pulse until thickened.
To serve, top with whipped cream and a pinch of nutmeg.