Since some of you liked the stats that I put up about Fast Food, here are some more stats surrounding Candy Bars.
Again, there’s no judgement here. I’m simply reporting the facts (gosh, I’ve always wanted to say that).
- Amount the average American spends on Candy – $84
- Amount of candy consumed annually by the average American = 23.9 pounds
- Amount of chocolate candy annually consumed by the average American – 11.6 pounds
- Percentage of the world’s almonds that end up in chocolate – 40%
- Percentage of candy sales that are impulse buys – 55%
- Rank of Holidays listed by Candy Sales : 1. Halloween 2. Easter 3. Christmas 4. Valentine’s Day
- Typical color distribution in the M&M’s : Blue 10%, Green 10%, Tan 10%, Red 20%, yellow 20%, brown 30% (+/- 2% per color)
- Largest Per capita candy consumption in the world: Denmark
- Largest per capita chocolate consumption in the world: Switzerland