Hmmm… It seems as if that several PR companies have asked me to review stuff of late. So much so, that I think it’s in my best interest that I lay out review Policies. From here on out, these will be the guidlines that PR companies will have to adhere to in order for me to even consider looking at their products.
This is not a food blog. Before sending me a request, please understand what type of blog this is. What I do is research on topics I find interesting and either:
- Opine about the results of said research.
- Eat or Drink items based off of said research.
- travel in quest of items learned during said research.
So the above being stated, any product you send me should at least be tangentally associated with the activities mentioned above. What this means is that items such as books, and food and beverage products have a better chance of being reviewed than items such as plates and pots and pans.
Books: Cookbooks, although appreciated, will probably not be reviewed as much as books that cover either the history of food and cuisines, food politics, Food Science or Biographies of important people in the food industry.
Food and Beverages: If you want me to review food or beverage product, all will be considered. Priority will be given to lesser known companies and artisinal brands. Products from larger corporations will be given less consideration.
Look at it this way: If you want to send me a product to review based only off a specific marketing strategy, you might want to save your postage. If, however, you feel that you have a great product and want someone to give an unbiased opinion on your product, then feel free to contact me.
Tangental Products: If I haven’t written about a specific topic before, it’s unlikely that I’ll write about it in the future. I write about food, books and travel. I have not written about pots and pans, silverware, and other products. That’s not to say that I won’t, it means that your product will have to really impress me in order for me to write about it.
Items I will not write about: Corporate restaurants. Industries with stockholders.
Items I will not write positively about: Any corporation that puts the bottom line above maintaining a sustainable ecology and socially liberal conscience.
Keep the above in mind if you want to send me a product.
Once a product is sent:
If you send me a product to be approved, you will agree to the following.
- You agree that I do NOT have to post about your product unless I decide to. Tara and I make the decisions on this site, and we will not have outside companies dictate what I can and cannot post.
- You agree that I do NOT have to give a positive review of your product.
- You agree that I do NOT have to paint your product in a positive light.
- You agree that if a product is sent to me, it does not require any action on my part, whatsoever.
- I reserve the right to alert my readers which products have been sent to me in order for them to decide if my review is legitimate or not.
Now considering the above, it doesn’t mean that I won’t review your product. It’s an option that I wish to leave very much open. All I ask is that those who wish to send me products understand that I will not simply review products because someone asks me to.
These guidelines are now in effect and will be sent to all future PR requests.
If you feel you meet these guidelines, feel free to send products for review to:
16625 Redmond Way, Ste. M
Redmond, WA 98052
If you have any further questions, you can send me an e-mail at Kate AT accidentalhedonist DOT com.