I’ve been looking over a very interesting graph over at The Budget Graph. This graph gives a really handy visual representation of how large of a budget various government departments get in relation to one other.
I have a bit of homework for those who are interested. I want you to find the icon representing the FDA, the agency given oversight to the majority of our food supply. Then I want you to find the following answers:
Is the FDA budgeted more or less money than the following federal programs:
- Military Spending for Israel
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- Emergency Spending for AIDS relief
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- The cost of one Virginia Class Submarine
- Embassy Security, Construction and Maintenance
- The Transportation Security Administration
Don’t worry, I’ll give the answers on Monday.